Sr Financial Analyst - Commercial Finance
Portland, Oregon, United States
At A Glance:
The Sr. Financial Analyst serves a key role in the North American Finance team and has a direct impact on the financial performance of our region. In this role, you’ll focus on driving top line performance, highlighting trends, forecasting future results and recommending courses of action with the sole focus of enabling On to reach our growth ambitions. This is a highly cross-functional role that will need to partner with, coordinate and influence multiple departments and teams both within North America and Globally. It’s a great chance to influence both existing and future business processes and strategies and allows the right candidate a chance to showcase best in class financial, retail and commercial knowledge.
- Maintain a laser-like focus on enabling and influencing the Sales organization to achieve both longer term aspirational and immediate business goals
- Focus on both Financial and Non-Financial KPIs to ensure strategic decisions are adequately supported through scenario analysis; through this lens, you’ll identify opportunities, risks and provide actionable recommendations to improve results
- Create best in class, exception-based, forward looking analytical reporting tools, processes, and ad hoc analyses from multiple (sales, channel) perspectives with a focus on clear storytelling, action-oriented output, and an ongoing drive for continuous improvement
- Monitor sales forecasts, inventory, and margin, and provide guidance throughout the organization (Sales, Planning, Finance, Ops) to improve the accuracy of both short and long-term plans
- Support the business and senior management with detailed reporting and other ad hoc analysis and project needs
- Nail the basics and ensure utmost accuracy in your core finance tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field preferred; MBA a plus; combination of experience and education will be considered
- 5-8+ years of experience in relevant roles within top-tier organizations managing the P&L, operating budget, financial analysis while showing an increased progression of responsibilities
- Experience with a global sportswear brand, consumer products company or retail business preferred
- Advanced knowledge of retail math and key metrics/drivers (discounts, margin, pricing, sell-thru, etc) on top of solid accounting (GAAP/IFRS) knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships across all organizational levels
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills with expertise in cross-functional project management
- Excellent Excel and visual analytics tool skills (ex: Microstrategy, Looker, Tableau)
- Proficiency in working with leading ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics (D365) a plus
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Willingness to travel as necessary (25-50%); travel percentage will fluctuate based on business needs
This role will work on a hybrid onsite/remote schedule, based out of our HQ in Portland, Oregon.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.