Apparel Material Lead/Manager (Sourcing & Development)
At a Glance:
This is your chance to join the world's fastest growing sports company. On intends to disrupt not only the product and supply chain landscape of shoes, but also that of apparel and accessories. As Material Manager (Apparel), you are in charge of building a strong material sourcing base in Asia. You will be based in Hanoi City, Vietnam, as a key member of the globally integrated supply chain team and cross-functional apparel organization, with frequent travel within Asia.
We manage the sourcing, forecasting and planning, production, shipping, and distribution of On products through Supply Chain. You will be a part of a dynamic cross-functional team that includes Quality, Material Management, and Development.
- Develop a strong material sourcing setup in Asia.
- Manage all bulk fabric coordination with Mills post development- Greige booking, bulk lot approval, testing and ensure on-time delivery of fabric & trims.
- As a development support function, you will need to work closely with the Material team, which has its headquarters in Zurich.
- Negotiate seasonal prices with suppliers.
- Mitigate material & trim issues with suppliers & factories.
- Coordinate with the sustainability team on RSL
- Textile Engineering is a professional degree.
- You should have 10-12 years of relevant experience in material management, preferably with 4-5 years in a fabric manufacturing establishment.
- Strong analytical and data management skills. Strong knowledge of technical fabrics & prints
- Basic knowhow of the development process & its requirements
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- An entrepreneurial and open mindset, an eagerness for differentiation, and a natural push for excellence.
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging, and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team that is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to take On to the next level, curious about the opportunity, and want to be part of our growing team, send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.