Footwear Material Costing Manager
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
At a Glance:
As a Costing Manager- Footwear Materials, you will drive the negotiations and strategic pricing of materials to the next level in line with ON’s materiality vision. You will focus on the material pricing, forecasting and timelines, aligning to short/medium term goals as well the longer term material strategy. You will support the Zurich HQ teams in the execution of materials costing to target from development stage but truly focus through to production. You will report into the Materials Lead Asia as well as having constant communication with the Asia Development teams.
We translate design visions into performance materials. We’re proactive in creating new materials, using technical knowledge and worldwide sourcing for our Material DNA. We are the glue that binds design, development and product management. The role of material is integral to product creation, and is gaining recognition around the world. We need proactive, entrepreneurial and open-minded people to join our team and hit the ground running.
- Be the main contact point for all material costing responsibilities from development through to mass production.
- Execute seasonal price negotiation and agreement with material suppliers on a timely manner with handover to Sourcing costing team
- Evaluate suppliers in term of costing service, monitoring supplier align with company price regulation.
- Provides accurate, high quality information & analysis to all stakeholders (global Materials team, Costing team etc) which leads to improvements in cost efficiency and pre-costing efforts.
- Following of the commodity/raw material price markets and cost comparisons to update the pricing trends to key stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate and complete material price on Centric system.
- Communicate estimated seasonal Forecast information in regard to Capacity planning and raw material preparation to all T2 vendors based on previous seasonal data
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Textile Engineering/Technology finance or business from a global leading university or related field.
- 7 + years Global experience in a costing role (or equivalent) with Asia supplier/factory experience as a plus.
- Affinity for Footwear technology, particularly in the technical performance category, with an eye for aesthetics and key awareness of technical materials both within the industry and analogous industries.
- Understanding of the industry’s processes with ability to work autonomously parallel to cross-functional collaboration.
- Collaborative spirit with diverse stakeholders as well as good communication skills (verbal and written English).
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment.
- Talent to work independent with less supervision and deal with change and bring entrepreneurial spirit when facing unexpected challenges
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.