Head of Operations North America
Portland, Oregon, United States
At a Glance:
You are part of the North American management team and lead the Logistics and Happiness Delivery team. We work closely as a team for both North American and global ends to convert innovative product designs and prototypes into commercialized products, and bring them into the hands of customers. We are data-driven, action-oriented, and multi-tasking team keeping our eye on the small details, but not losing focus on the broader scope. This team continuously challenges the status quo and "industry standard" of what customer service and delivery means.
- Lead the Happiness Delivery team in Portland and ensure that On delivers a WOW experience to its DTC and B2B customers across the United States and Canada
- Define the long-term strategy of the Happiness Delivery team and develop improvement plans
- Own the NA Logistics strategy in collaboration with the three Logistics Service Providers in the US and Canada
- Execute logistics strategy according to SLAs with the support of our in-house Logistics team, located in Portland as well as onsite at our 3PL locations
- Closely track, analyze and report costs on freight, customs, warehousing and distribution and take fact-based decisions on how to operate our cross-regional business in the most profitable way
- Leading continuous improvement in freight, warehousing and distribution processes, identify better cost efficiency while improving quality and performance
- Collaborating with Sales, Demand Planning and Procurement teams to ensure on-time delivery of all merchandise and non-merchandise products
- Set strategy for product flows in the region, including warehouse solutions and product deliveries for offline and online business across direct and distributor markets,
- Collaborating with regional and global Controlling team and IT team
- Close collaboration with Head of Operations in EU and APAC as well as Global Head of Happiness Delivery in Zurich
- Min 5 - 10 years' of relevant business experience with team leading experience, preferably in an international logistics environment; experiences in Ecommerce/DTC businesses strongly preferred
- Strong people leadership skills, enthusiast team player. Passionate about working in a fast paced environment. Excellent planning, project management, analysis and coordination skills. Detail oriented, data driven, with a good understanding of what matters in delivering great customer experience and ease of doing business. Ability to take initiatives, multi-task and prioritize, to think and react in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
- You have an entrepreneurial growth mindset, eager to challenge the status quo with an appetite for relentless optimization and experimentation. A growth hacker at hearth.
- You are able to seamlessly move between forward thinking and tactical implementation
- You have proven experience shaping high-level strategies and working through many cross-functional teams across time zones to meet objectives. You have stellar communication and collaboration skills, but love to also get your hands dirty and do heavy lifting yoursel
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.