Flagship Associate Store Leader Tokyo
At a Glance:
This is your opportunity to become a core part of On’s Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team and take on the responsibility to co-lead On’s flagship community store in the heart of Tokyo. As one of the first hires of the Japan store team, On will rely on you to support co-define the various store operation processes ahead of the opening. Once the door will have opened, you will be in charge of the store’s overall performance and to deliver exceptional customer service every day. You will oversee all store related operations from inventory management to IT systems to customer flows and product training, as well as all internal team related responsibilities.
As you might expect from a young consumer brand, the DTC team at On is a fast-paced place to be. This team of interdisciplinary all-stars are used to rapid turnaround times and ambitious targets. From engineers to designers, to data scientists, to digital marketing specialists to retail store designers and store associates, this is the team responsible for creating winning tools, campaigns and experiences in On’s online and offline channels that run the length of the purchase funnel. The shared goal? Efficient growth at high speed – what else?
- Continuously embody and communicate On's values and brand philosophy to internal and external customers
- Act as the in-store troubleshooting expert for On's store systems (e.g. POS)
- Support staff planning and recruiting of Store Advisors to build and develop a motivated store team
- Oversee inventory management and BoH (Back-of-House) processes for optimized stock levels as well as inbound and outbound product flow requirements
- Provide input / feedback to Merchandise and sales planning team for replenishment and product assortment planning
- Oversee FoH (Front-of-House) operations and service level to ensure that exceptional service is provided to each and every customer
- Support implementation of ongoing learning and development programs for the store team and on-the-job coaching / training as needed
- Continually offer direct feedback and support to Store Advisors and provide input for performance reviews for Store Associates
- Create an inclusive workplace culture by treating all employees and customers with respect
- Support monitoring of store KPI to track healthiness of business operations
- Other duties as needed
- 5+ years of experience in a retail setting; 2+ years in a management role at a customer-focused, operationally excellent retailer
- A background in the Running Industry (preferred but not required)
- Ability to confidently lead a team, oversee operations, sell product and drive financial performance
- Inventory management experience and an entrepreneurial spirit who expects the unexpected along with exceptional organizational skills and aptitude to proactively anticipate future store needs
- Ability to read, write and speak in both Japanese and English fluently
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.