At a Glance:
The PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) Specialist will drive PLM implementations as the system administrator, from initial training, system upkeep on a seasonal and ad hoc basis, analysis and implementation of additional product phases as needed, to ERP integration. You will work closely within the Operations team and with cross functional teams to define how PLM can best be utilized for calendar, planning, and process optimization. This position is a mix of project management, business and technical consulting skills.
As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly dynamic setting. Your organizational and communication skills are second to none and you enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries. You like working with diverse teams to strategize and develop new levels of productivity and success at On.
The R&D Operations team makes sure calendars and deadlines are met, ensuring a correct stream of information across the product creation teams. The team strives to achieve operational excellence, by using a forward-thinking attitude, dedicated information technology systems and being the point of contact for the various teams working in end-to-end product creation process. The team works with a global mindset as On's R&D teams are located across multiple locations around the world.
- Point person for all PLM related topics, including but not limited to system support, incident resolution, training, version updates, and seasonal/ad hoc set up.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to understand future business needs in relation to PLM functionality
- Partner with key sustainability initiatives and create process of tracking, communicating and assist in project management for all PLM items
- Thorough understanding behind the concept and design of Centric PLM system
- Communication and tracking of technical/user issues with external partners and within the organization
- Identify PLM capabilities for process optimization within the organization
- Create and update guidelines and procedures of PLM functions (training documents)
- Train new starters in PLM functions such as Design, Development, Product Management, Material set up, and Costing
- Review PLM adoption by cross functional teams and collaborate on system improvements and opportunities
- Lead project management for phasing and system development as needed, including clear deliverables with project roadmaps, documentation, and communication
- 1-2 years experience in Project Management, ideally in a company with physical products
- Strong IT skills (MS office, PLM)
- PLM or software navigation experience a plus
- Possess skills suited for training a global team
- Highly detailed oriented and organized
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) as well as the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Familiarity in the product development process, footwear/apparel/accessories design, construction, materials, and sourcing knowledge a plus
- Must be a self starter and a team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick and independent learner, able to synthesize organizational needs and system capabilities
- Enjoys collaborative problem solving and strives for consistency in data management
- Language Skills: Fluency in English, knowledge in German would be a plus
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!