Accessories & Luggage Developer
At a Glance:
- Manage all communication with suppliers and factories in regards to product development
- You will provide expert knowledge and recommendations on costing, pattern, design, materials, component and construction options to meet targets and product’s functional requirements
- Collaborate with our Zurich and Vietnamese development teams, design, and product marketing to realise best in class products and adhere to product creation calendar
- Effectively define the best methods to successfully manage the product creation process (e.g. conduct cross functional meetings, define calendar and review stages, set processes, make changes and drive the decision-making process that leads to on-time delivery/production)
- Translate design language into feasible product through tech packing, technical knowhow and wider knowledge of industry constructions.
- Focus on factory process and how to engineer product efficiently.
- Source new factories and partners.
- Manage FOB/CBD in line with margin targets and analysis of LOP. Monitor costs and advise where product efficiencies can be made
- Manage product lab testing/wear testing as well as effectively manage the sampling and prototyping of the products
- Link with the materials team to have the right material selection for the product
- keep the overview of all products of overlapping seasons and juggle with various development stages
- Work closely with the design team to come up with innovative and functional solutions for details
- 5+ years of progressive development experience in accessories and luggage business ideally having worked on wheeled luggage as well
- You have a higher education degree in Engineering or a related field
- You have demonstrated technical expertise in accessories/luggage product development, process, projects management, costing, design and manufacturing of products from conceptions to retail
- You have experience interpreting and adjust tech packs, pattern and 2D/3D files
- You have the ability to follow complex processes and can offer ideas to improve on existing methods of working
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to work with multiple deadlines
- You have sharp communication skills in both written and spoken English and the ability to connect multiple departments to ensure alignment
- You are competent with MS Office and have experience with graphic programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (3D software like Rhino/Grasshopper a bonus)
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!