Footwear Developer Ad Hoc
At a Glance:
This role will own projects and process management to ensure continued success within the Inline Development at On. As a Footwear Developer Ad Hoc you will manage projects in the development process of products with the highest level of performance. You will work on assigned projects and own the entire process, varying in timescale, scope and deliverables. You will work closely with Innovation Department, R&D and the Sourcing Factories.
We are an innovative, creative and science-driven team working closely to convert cutting-edge ideas into prototypes and exceptional performance products. High quality and performance are top of mind when creating our footwear products. Our team combines the best experts in fields such as Engineering, Development and Product Management to create something extraordinary.
- You will own and represent the product development process for the Inline Footwear Range at On
- You are expected to execute development on assigned projects by utilizing your advanced knowledge of the development and process for performance footwear
- You will collaborate with our Zurich and Vietnamese development teams, design, and product marketing to realize functional and performance-based footwear products and adhere to product creation calendar
- You will effectively define the best methods to successfully manage the product creation process (e.g. conduct cross functional meetings, define calendar and review stages, set processes, make changes and drive the decision-making process that leads to on-time delivery/production)
- You will provide expert knowledge and recommendations on costing, pattern, design, materials, component and construction options to meet targets and product’s functional requirements
- You will plan and execute the development processes according to critical dates and team/company goals
- You will be responsible for monitoring costs and advising where product efficiencies can be made
- You will work hand in hand with our testing team and biomechanics expert for successful validation and testing of the products, as well as effectively manage the sampling and prototyping of the products
- You will work on a variety of product types
- You will work closely with the athletes and innovation team to commercialize new innovation and performance footwear
- You have a higher education degree in Engineering or a related field
- You have 5+ years of experience in the performance footwear industry
- You have demonstrated technical expertise in footwear product development, process, projects management, costing, design and manufacturing of performance footwear products from conceptions to retail
- You have experience interpreting and adjust tech packs, shell pattern and 2D/3D files
- You have the ability to follow complex processes and can offer ideas to improve on existing methods of working
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to work with multiple deadlines
- You have sharp communication skills in both written and spoken English and the ability to connect multiple departments to ensure alignment
- You are competent with MS Office and have experience with graphic programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (2D software like shoemaster, 3D software like Rhino/Grasshopper a bonus
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!