Software Engineer (Ruby, Infrastructure)
At a Glance:
Our direct to consumer business is performing and growing strongly, which is why we are looking for a Software Engineer to scale On’s online business to the next level. As an experienced and agile engineer you will take care of our web applications and infrastructure to ensure scalability, security and performance. You will be sitting in our office in Zurich or Berlin and collaborate closely with the Digital team in Zurich and Berlin.
As you might expect from a running brand, the E-Commerce team at On is a fast-paced place to be. You will work in the Infrastructure Pod together with other Software Engineers and Site Reliability Engineers to provide a secure, reliable and scalable/performant foundation for all E-Commerce operations.
- Maintaining and securing several web applications (e.g dependency upgrades, security fixes)
- Improving performance and of these applications (e.g query optimization, caching improvements)
- Ensuring easy scalability (e.g. migration to a container-based setup, background processing/queue system optimization, setting up database replicas)
- Providing smooth deployment processes (e.g. speeding up CI/CD pipeline, canary deploys, automated rollbacks)
- 5+ years of experience in a leading web agency, digital company or an "on the edge" brand
- You have a very deep knowledge of Ruby On Rails and the encompassing ecosystem
- Automated testing is an important part of your workflow and you are familiar with TDD, Rspec, Capybara
- You are well versed with AWS (currently our web apps are deployed with Elastic Beanstalk and talk to an RDS database)
- You are up to speed with the latest DevOps trends (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes ...)
- E-commerce background, ideally with a shop system like Spree or Solidus is a big plus
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!