HR Generalist North America
Portland, Oregon, United States
At a Glance:
As a Talent Generalist at On, your role will be one of the most impactful on our people, process and culture. As part of a small Talent team building the future of On North America, this role offers the opportunity to do meaningful work with immediate impact. With the guidance of the Head of Talent in North America, our Talent Generalist will be responsible for directly supporting On employees, creating efficiencies in our HR systems, thinking critically about how we provide best-in-class benefits, and providing an inspiring culture for our teams.
As a member of On’s Global Talent team, your role will be one of the most impactful on our people, process and culture. Being part of the talent team at On means to do things differently, we don’t do things just because they are what “HR does”. We build, grow, enable and empower the team to drive the future of On. Because this is what matters to us. Because we are On. As a member of On’s Global Talent team, your role will be one of the most impactful on our people, process and culture.
- Bring an entrepreneurial and enthusiastic people spirit to your role as a people partner
- Think beyond the day-to-day requirements of your role to find opportunities to improve and scale our systems and processes efficiently
- Administer employee benefits, payroll, onboarding, time-off and other critical people systems
- Explain and provide counsel to employees and management regarding company guidelines, local and governmental rules, regulations, and procedures
- Work closely with the Global L&D organization & North America BP’s to administer North America employee L&D programs
- Manage all processes related to performance management, project tracking, terminations, requests, basic data analysis, Employee Handbook updates, etc.
- Audit, update and maintain accurate data in On’s HRIS systems, create efficiencies and implement new systems where needed
- Partner with the North America Head of Talent to implement Talent & Talent Acquisition Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Manage payroll for all US & Canada employees in collaboration with the Finance team
- Lead new employee onboarding – including official Onboarding Days events and all systems/benefits-related onboarding
- Minimum of 4 years experience of experience in an HR Generalist or HR Manager position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Management or other related field
- A PHR, PHR, or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Basic knowledge of local, state-specific and federal employment law (including FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, EEO, ADA, etc.),
- Demonstrated experience in employee performance management, conflict resolution and benefits administration
- Experience in the improvement of process documentation and a mindset that strives for continued efficiency
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter with the ability to build relationship at all levels within an organization and operate with minimal direction
- Proven record of delivering an extremely high standard of quality work with exceptional attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and creating systems and plans where there are none
- Demonstrated ability to utilize data to influence and backup broader Talent team goals
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!