Global Head of Footwear Creation
At a Glance:
On’s Global Head of Footwear Product Creation is responsible for leading On’s footwear product creation team and setting strategic direction for On footwear across all of our verticals. This role will lead our team of footwear and materials developers and engineers to create an elite performance experience for our customers that aligns to On’s global brand strategy.
You are a strong technical leader in performance footwear soles, fabrics and materials, and manufacturing processes. You have the ability to bridge the gap between creative and technical, and will partner closely with Innovation, Design, Marketing and Sourcing & Production.
On’s product creation team is innovative, creative and driven by athlete needs. Our team works closely to convert cutting-edge ideas into prototypes and exceptional, high quality performance products. This team combines expertise in the fields of Engineering, Development and Production to deliver the products that is the cornerstone of our brand.
- Work closely with On’s founding partners to lead strategic direction and product creation planning for On’s short and long-term business goals
- Lead the Footwear & Material development teams in Zurich and Vietnam
- Direct product line planning, development, manufacturing and product creation efforts for all On footwear verticals (Run, Outdoor, Performance All Day)
- Continue to build efficiency and process improvement in product creation calendar in tandem with Design and Innovation leadership
- Monitor the development calendar to ensure deadlines, quality standards and costing goals are met
- Provide team with clear direction, targets and project alignment on an ongoing basis
- Motivate and inspire the team by creating a supportive, challenging and training-focused team environment
- 10+ years of progressive work experience in the athletic footwear industry specialising in product development
- An entrepreneurial and open mindset, an eagerness for differentiation and a natural push for excellence
- Expert knowledge in footwear development and engineering
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate problems and act innovatively towards their solution
- Excellent communication skills, comfort in managing and communicating change for teams at all levels of an organisation
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop a team using clear framework for performance success
- Strong understanding of sourcing allocation and costing principles and their ability to impact product
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with global vendors as required
- Fluent in English – ability to speak German is a plus
- This position is based in Zurich Switzerland with global travel up to 20% of the time
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!