Apparel Development Manager
Hanoi City, Vietnam
At a Glance:
As a Development Manager, your core responsibility would be ensure On’s products meet the consumer expectations in terms of aesthetic, functionality & performance.
This is your opportunity to become part of the worlds’ fastest growing sports company. On is not only targeting to disrupt the product and supply chain landscape of shoes but also of apparel and accessories. As Development Manager (Apparel), you are responsible for an end-to end Development and Costing process in Asia, ensuring the commercialisation process is Buy-ready & on-time. As a key member of of the globally integrated supply chain team and cross-functional apparel organisation, you will be based in Ha Noi City, Vietnam with frequent travel within Asia and HQ.
You shall be part of a dynamic cross functional team of Quality, Material Management & Production. Eventually you shall build up a robust Development team in Asia.
- Monitor seasonal calendars & ensure styles are buy-ready on time to meet deliveries
- Ensure products developed are production feasible & mitigate any risks, with close coordination with Vendors & design/development teams in Headquarter.
- Actively participate in sourcing strategy by giving valuable feedback on capabilities of Vendors
- Act as a bridge between Headquarter & Asia on new technologies & applications in product development
- Collaborate with Design & HQ teams to engineer cost effective products. Manage cost & margin targets and share seasonal results with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain good relationship with all suppliers to encourage transparent & open discussions on cost efficiencies.
- Monitor international market trends & its impact on On’s product lines.
- At least 10 years of apparel product development experience, preferably with 4-5 years in a manufacturing establishment
- Basic knowledge of material & patterns
- Degree or qualification in Design or Garment manufacturing is preferable
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and ability to work with multicultural teams
- Proficiency in English is a must
- An entrepreneurial and open mindset, an eagerness for differentiation and a natural push for excellence.
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!