Material Lead Footwear Innovation
At a Glance:
Contribute to On's material innovation by applying and feeding footwear material expertise into strategic product development programs. You will get the chance to carry out research and development in materials which fuels the overall material and yarn development efforts ultimately driving revolutionary material innovations to On products. You will strategically develop materials that support brand direction for key concept products and push forward disruptions in the industry.
On’s Innovation team is responsible for On’s future innovation, out-of-the-box thinking and the outstanding athlete-informed technology that differentiates On footwear from all other footwear product in the market. By joining the On Innovation Team, you will have the opportunity to be part of an agile and interdisciplinary team of experts in the areas of engineering and sports science.
- Be part of On’s innovation team and work on Footwear textile innovations developing the textiles and footwear knits of tomorrow.
- Create and innovate new functional flat knitting and circular knitting concept for On footwear .
- Explore new textile manufacturing technologies that will improve the comfort and performance of On’s footwear.
- Work on sustainable solutions to reduce On’s carbon footprint. In collaboration with the sustainability team you will innovate, by injecting immediate implementations into the product as well as reaching high for our ambitious roadmap.
- Create and manage new and existing collaborations with leading partners and suppliers in specific technologies such a weaving, knitting, material vendors and research institutes to successfully implement technologies into production.
- Collaborate on new innovative material design solutions in line with On’s design direction
- Collaborate closely with the Design, Development and Innovation team as well as our founders
- Being excited to be part of the team that is putting the fun into the run for millions of people
- BSc/MSc in textile/material engineering/design
- 8+ years’ experience in athletic footwear and apparel industry with strong focus on textile design/development/engineering
- Strong experience with material/textile manufacturing (knitting technologies, weaving etc)
- Expert in knitting programming and machine handling (Stoll, Shima Seiki etc)
- Strong knowledge with different engineering disciplines (3D and 2D CAD Modelling, mechanical testing, manufacturing technologies and sourcing)
- Strong eye for sustainability, material design and aesthetics as well as global trends
- Advanced experience in IP and patent protection within the R&D space
- Proficient with MS Office, Adobe Suite as a plus
- Fluent in English and any other European language is a plus
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.