Footwear Costing Manager
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
At a Glance:
This is your opportunity to become part of the worlds’ fastest growing sports company. As Footwear Costing Manager, you are part of the costing team in Vietnam and manage global footwear costing, including cost forecasting, pre-cost analysis, and seasonal price negotiations. You will drive cost saving opportunities to maximize company margins, resolve issues during execution, and establish valuable costing SOPs. You will work closely and cross-functionally with development, material, finance, production and supply chain teams.
We're responsible for creating innovative products for On. We have to try and meet the needs and demands of runners.
- Independently conduct seasonal price negotiations with suppliers for manufacturing, component, and process costs
- Build strong partnerships with suppliers, track their performance based on costing accuracy and efficiency, collaborate with T1/T2 suppliers for improvement
- Track, analyse and benchmark factory manufacturing and development overhead costs
- Document and manage inputs to product costing, such as raw material prices, material waste impacts, construction/labor costs, and tooling cost and amortisation
- Partner with product management, material, and development teams through product development cycle and line reviews, to achieve margin goals
- Collaborate with supply chain team on product volume forecasts, identify potential bottlenecks and actively search for volume discount opportunities
- Maintain accurate and complete costing data on PLM systems
- University degree in business, economics, accounting, engineering; you have a passion for numbers and value engineering
- 5+ years experience working at a premium footwear brand
- Excellent commercial sense and very analytical mindset
- Proficiency in Excel; experience with PLMs and digital costing tools is a plus
- Strong price negotiation skills and impeccable integrity
- Technical experience and knowledge of product construction and manufacturing methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a fast-paced, cross-cultural, and cross-functional environment
- Fluent in English spoken and written; Chinese (Mandarin) is a plus
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!